We follow the Federation of International Touch (F.I.T.) Rules. Click Here to view them.
Our League Rules are found: Here
Touch Rugby, also known as Touch or Touch Football, is very simple to play. Here are the basics of how to play:
- The Field is close to 70M long by 50M wide with marked scorelines, sidelines and a half-way line
- Co-Ed Teams consist of up to 12 players with a maximum of 6 players on the field at any time (minimum of one player on the field must be female and at least one male).
- Players may interchange from the side of the field as often as they wish.
- Game starts with a TAP at the centre of the half-way line and the defending team must retire 10M.
- Attacking team has 6 touches, before possession changes unless other rules are infringed
- A player may pass, knock, throw or otherwise deliver the ball to any onside player on the attacking team.
- There is NO kicking the ball allowed.
- Passing forward is NOT permitted. This will result in a change of possession with a TAP restart and the defending team must retire 10M
- After a touch the player performs a ROLLBALL at the mark where the touch occurred, stepping over or gently rolling the ball between the feet. The defending team must retire 5M.
- The attacking player who gets the ball after the rollball is the half, who can either run or pass. The Half cannot score and if the half gets touched a change of possession occurs. The game restarts with a ROLLBALL at the mark.
- A Try is scored when an attacking player places the ball on or over the scoreline.
- The team that scores the most tries in the game is declared the winning team.